This policy covers all associated Symmone Gordon sites, and various 3rd party sites where Symmone Gordon content is hosted. eg. Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, Linked-in, LeadPages, Mailchimp, GoToWebinar etc.
INFORMATION SYMMONE GORDON GATHERS AND TRACKS:
Symmone Gordon gathers two types of information about its users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, vlogs, our paid workshops, in our message boards and forums, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
The type of information we collect may include:
- Contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode;
- Preferences and opinions; and
- Any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
- Information Symmone Gordon gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help us to better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Symmone Gordon derives its revenue mainly from paid training programs, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential to keeping our service relevant to users. Under no circumstances does Symmone Gordon divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Symmone Gordon Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
OPTIONAL VOLUNTARY INFORMATION: We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy We will offer free electronic newsletters to users. Symmone Gordon gathers the email addresses and, in some cases, phone numbers of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Message boards/forums policy Users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums (such as Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, Linked-in etc) must register separately for these services (all are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t register to visit the site. During registration for some of these, the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address as required under the privacy policies of those sites.
- E-mail this to a friend policy Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else if desired. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Polling We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Symmone Gordon may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Survey Symmone Gordon may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
ANONYMOUS DATA COLLECTION & USAGE TRACKING: Symmone Gordon tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. Symmone Gordon does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser). Symmone Gordon sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION: Symmone Gordon uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalised elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Symmone Gordon never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. Symmone Gordon creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION: Symmone Gordon uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help us to better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service running. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
TARGETED SOCIAL MEDIA ADVERTISEMENTS
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and / or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, and Google / social media accounts in order to run advertisements and our affiliates.
VIEWING BY OTHERS
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
SUBMISSION, STORAGE, SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and / or services that you requested from us. We may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
To use certain features of the Website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username or password and within your account. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized or improper use of your username or password or any other breach of security. To help protect against unauthorized or improper use, make sure that you log out at the end of each session requiring your username and password.
We will use our best efforts to keep your username and password(s) private and will not otherwise share your password(s) without your consent, except as necessary when the law requires it or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, particularly when disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to others or interfering with our rights or property.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, UPDATE OR DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hinderance.
- Object to our use of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at [[email protected]].
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may link to other websites on our Website. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our Website or its content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
DATA CONTROLLER AND PROCESSORS
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.
ACCESS: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
CORRECTION: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
COMPLAINTS: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
For questions and further information, please contact us at;
Symmone Gordon: [email protected] ABN: 48 151 116 362
Last Updated: September 2018